Monday, February 26, 2007

Katie Melua – The New Kid on the Block!

Katie Melua, the 22-year-old songwriter/singer was born in Georgia and moved to Belfast at the age of 8 because of her father’s profession. I find her songs very simple and honest. She is inspired by everything that surrounds her; she writes love songs. I consider her the next Norah Jones.

She brings a fresh, new feel in her songs and this is accomplished with the simple (yet magical) elements she clings to. Needles to mention, her polished voice is the main reason I listen to her music. She is a full time artist (she writes her own songs), listening to her songs is like she is sharing her life with us. I can’t help analyzing her lyrics, I feel she is telling us her own stories trough the metaphors used in her songs.

Check her out. She is worth the 3:49 minutes.

No comments: